
Like the name of our school? Creating a name for our "private school" and registering it with the state was just one of my duties as Madalynn and Justis's new teacher.
Homeschooling is a new adventure for our family. I will be the first to admit I do not have a PhD (or even a bachelor's degree) in teaching. I will be humbly relying on God and the support of other veteran teachers and homeschoolers for information quite often, I'm sure. I don't feel completely in the dark about schooling my children, thanks to the wisdom of my parents who are both outstanding educators and other friends, teachers and homeschooling moms.
A book of the top 100 homeschooling curriculums helped me determine the kids' learning styles, my teaching "style," and which of the top 100 curriculums fit all of our needs best. The bones of this year's learning (so to speak) are the phonics/reading and math curriculums. To those I added a literature program that ties in social studies, science and the arts.
I won't bore you with the details, but I will sum up our first week for you tomorrow. I will share what a day of homeschooling for us is like. If you're wondering why I haven't posted many blogs this week, it's because we've been homeschooling. Time flies when we're having fun (schooling), and we've all been busy! More tomorrow...
No comments:
Post a Comment