Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Madalynn's Newest Beauty Essential


Madalynn loves to feel pampered, and her new sleep accessory proves it!

A leopard print "beauty sleep" mask is Madalynn's newest indulgence. After all, a girl has GOT to get her beauty rest, right?

A little cotton nightie set I bought for her at Wal Mart included the mask, and she has insisted she MUST have it to sleep "properly" since I brought it home.

Some background on Madalynn's sleep habits is necessary for you to fully understand why this cherished leopard print mask is an essential part of bed time now. Madalynn used to sleep completely covered, head and all, so she could go to sleep. I guess she was trying to keep the light out, because now she puts on the mask and leaves her head uncovered to sleep.

The mask goes on at bedtime and she appears from her bedroom in the morning pulling the mask up so she can at least see where she's walking. Madalynn, with her sleepy eyes, disheveled hair and leopard print accessories, is a hoot! :)

No other is quite like Madalynn. Isn't it fun that God made no two people alike? I enjoy learning my kids likes, dislikes and even their habits. Being the mother of my household is like being an audience member on America's Funniest Home Videos most of the time.

I think the next accessory Madalynn could use is a pair of ear plugs. Madalynn is a sport about trying to ignore Jillian and sleep when Jillian is standing up in her crib (opposite Madalynn's bed) and jabbering and trying to get Madalynn's attention!

2 comments:

Justin and Gi said...

WOW! very cute... :) And I guess when you need it you need it...beauty sleep that is! I can't believe that your little girl is already that big too!
L, Gi
PS How do you get the music to come up like that?? Very fun!

Anonymous said...

Tell Madalynn that she must have inherited the need for wearing the sleep mask, since Grandma Cheryl wears one sometimes, also! Hers is a lot more girly than mine.
Love & hugs,
Grandma Cheryl