

Three boxes containing the kids' new homeschool desks and chairs were delivered by the UPS truck yesterday!
I put the kids to work labeling their school supplies after supper last night while they very impatienltly waited for Travis to assemble their desks. Proud of their new personal work spaces, the kids posed so Travis could snap a picture for me to post. My teaching wall is also pictured.
Each child enjoyed sitting in their own desk today to do their work. I purchased a fourth desk and chair, just because the desks came packaged in twos and the chairs in fours. I am using the fourth chair to sit next to the kids at their level to work with them for now. Jillian will be able to use the extra desk when she gets old enough to sit up to it. Dawson still asks me when we are going to "play school" so he can do his "worksheets," too! :)
One note. I ordered the kids' school supplies from a website that I highly recommend because it saved me precious time and money. I tried getting into the school supply isles at Wal Mart a total of about seven times before I gave up and looked to the Internet. I do not have time or patience to battle carts and people while herding four kids. The site is schoolkids.com. Schoolkidz.com has grade-ready prepackaged boxes of school supplies, so I ordered Madalynn a first-grade kit, Justis the Kindergarten kit and Dawson got the pre-K kit. Each child received a box with their supplies and a sheet of labels with their name and school (home school in their case) to put onto all of their supplies. Some schools register their grade lists with the site, so parents can order grade-specific supplies customized to the teacher's requests of their child's school. Please share this information with any parent/teacher you think might appreciate this service for next school year. I'm putting the link in the margin of our blog with the others!
No comments:
Post a Comment