Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?



Madalynn and Jillian are two girls who don't mind getting their dresses dirty!

"Do Princesses Wear Hiking Boots?" is one of the books in Madalynn's personal library. Grandma Chadd spotted the book and it screamed "Madalynn" to her so she bought it for Maddie.

Madalynn could wear a dress, hold a frog a snake and wade in a river all while donning her beautiful (but perhaps a bit muddy) princess dress, I have no doubt.

A slithery snake came out from under a plant while I was weeding the garden one day, racing right toward Madalynn and Justis. "Get Back!" I yelled, stepping away myself. Madalynn apparently didn't hear me, "Get it Justis! Hurry!" she shouted as she raced TOWARD the snake in an attempt to catch it. Thankfully Justis thought her request was a bit off and stayed back. I had to nearly swat Madalynn hand with the shovel before she would stop pursuit! We had a talk about NOT trying to pick up snakes we can't identify.

I can't tell if Jillian will choose frills, frogs or both at the moment, because she can't say for herself. She holds her own with Dawson, one of her only words is "Dixie" (the name of our chocolate lab), and she puts food away as well or better than her big brothers! She's a meat and potato girl, at that. Travis described Jillian as having an even temper the other night. I looked at him like, "What!?" I said, "Do you mean she's evenly passionate all of the time?"

I love the mix of sweet and spicy Madalynn's personality brings to the family, and I can't wait to see how Jillian's personality will blossom.

No comments: