
I hope Walt Disney World has a degree in princess. Madalynn announced today that she WILL be a career princess at Disney World when she grows up.
"You know, I'll put on a pretty dress and go say hi to people and stuff like that."
Travis encouraged her, with a grin, "I bet there are LOTS of happy people at Walt Disney World."
I am tickled pink when our children share their dreams with us. Travis and I both want our kids to exercise the gifts that God has given them and contemplate how God would have them use those gifts in the "now" and in the future. Madalynn certainly puts a smile on many-a-face here in the "now!" Only God knows what he has planned for Madalynn's future. Whether God ultimately calls her to be a princess at Walt Disney world or something else we will be there to encourage her, celebrate with her and support her, just as our parents have done in our lives.
I thank both my parents and Travis's parents for the patient support, wisdom and encouragement they have given and still are giving us in following our hearts and God's heart. We hope we do just as well in extending that same patient encouragement, support and wisdom to our children.
We're excited to see where God takes all of our kids. No doubt God has a unique life adventure already planned for each one of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment