
My mom would throw a fit if she knew I was going to blog about her, which is why I'm doing it without her permission! :)
Mom was named the Ulysses "Random Acts of Kindness" citizen! The Grant County Gazette came and took her picture and everything! Mom was surprised when the newspaper called her and said she was up for the award. She didn't even know she had been nominated, and later found out her friend Liz had nominated her.
I wasn't surprised when she told me, though. Mom always gives of her time, money and emotional support to help and encourage others. Her calendar is FILLED with birthdays, anniversaries, etc., so she can send a card or gift to fit any occasion. I could easily name at least a dozen people (not counting her previous students and Laci, Dad and I) she's made an life-changing impact on because of her random acts of kindness. I know my mom, though, and her acts of kindness are deliberate from her end. Maybe they seem random to the receivers, but she supports others out of love on purpose.
I am proud to have a mom and dad who gave me a good example to follow! On behalf of the Davis family, way to go, Mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment