Thursday, November 29, 2007

Madalynn, Santa's Helper

"You can get me one of these for Christmas this year," Madalynn said as she pulled a couple of advertisement clippings out of her backpack today.

I stopped rinsing dishes and stepped over to get an up-close look at what she had.

Two neatly cut pictures of Hannah Montana dolls were on the table side by side.

"I don't think they would cost too much money," she said. "This one said, 19, and that one said it was 10." One of the clippings advertised a Hannah Montana doll for $19.98, the other Hanna Montana doll was 10% off.

Almost sure my sister or my mom helped her clip some things she liked out of the paper, I asked her, "Madalynn, did Grandma or Aunt Laci help you pick some things and cut them out."

"No. I did it myself. I kind of like this one, because it has a purse, but this one is good, too, because it looks like it has more stuff. I'll leave these right here on the counter so you can see what to buy me on Christmas Eve. I would like either one. You choose." Then she walked away.

Madalynn is about as up front about things as I am most of the time, so I was not surprised she had her gift request in photo form with options. Santa's guesswork is done! :)

Oh, if any of you are wondering why she brought the clippings to me, instead of sending them to Santa Claus, she knows St. Nick is dead!? She matter-of-factly told the kids and I, "Santa doesn't bring our presents, our parents do. St. Nicholas was real and he did give gifts to kids, but he died. Now mommies and daddies give Santa presents."

No comments: