Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Visit From "Paw Paw" and "Maw Maw" Chadd



Grandpa and Grandpa Chadd (my parents, Tony and Marsha) came down for a visit and were at our house from Wednesday, February 20, to Monday the 25th.

We were all blessed by their visit. Just being together was fun enough in itself, but we also got to visit the new Bass Pro Shop that just opened in Baton Rouge Friday night and we went to the aquarium Saturday.

Grandma Chadd brought a couple of gifts for the kids, including a science kit and a kids' book of crafts. She spent time helping them make craft projects and measuring a dinosaur that grew in water as a science experiment. She also potted some beautiful pansies for me that I can see from my kitchen window. She was such a big help that I even got a chance to take a nap one afternoon. I didn't intend to fall asleep while reading books to Dawson, but I did and slept for at least 1 1/2 hours! I woke up and my house wasn't shredded to pieces because my mom had kept the kids in line. Go grandma!

My dad was brave enough to watch the four kids a couple of times all by himself so Mom and I could go to the grocery store or run errands. He and Dawson got smart-looking hair cuts from Miss Lisa at the Smart Style salon at Wal Mart. I also MUST note that he is such a dedicated grandpa that he willingly missed the KU game Saturday to go to the aquarium with the kids! He very patiently helped me school Justis by listening to him read a very long book, and he helped me fix the toilet that has been needing attention for weeks now. Thanks, Dad!

Mom and I talked gardening and identified a new tree, the swamp red maple. Dad and I talked politics and for once we agreed on the presidential candidates even though he's a firm democrat and I'm a stubborn republican!

Thanks for visiting, Mom and Dad! We had a GREAT and relaxing time.

No comments: