Saturday, July 19, 2008

Miss Piggy (Tails)







Jillian got the royal hair treatment when we were in Kansas for vacation, a hair cut by Great-Aunt Vicki (Travis's aunt) and styling by Aunt Laci!

Aunt Laci (my sister) has always had the knack of doing hair and, since she doesn't have little girls of her own, she always loves doing Jillian's when we see her. Jillian loves getting her hair "pretty" (as she calls it) by Aunt Laci. She sits still on her lap #1, because it's not Mom, and #2, because she knows the outcome will look "pretty." Laci managed to get her tight curly 'fro into two round little pig tails that matched her little round cheeks. Those piggy tails were too cute!

Great-Aunt Vicki has always cut hair, and she generously offered to give Jillian a hair cut. I was so relieved she offered. I'm not going to take her tight-curly hair to just anyone to get cut, so her hair had only been slightly trimmed once (by me). Vicki has years of experience cutting hair and it showed. Jillian stood on a folding chair out on the driveway, while Aunt Vicki carefully and patiently trimmed. Her hair looks so much healthier and shapely now! I told Vicki Jillian would probably not get another hair cut until we came back to Wichita!


The last picture is Miss Piggy the morning after having piggy tails!

1 comment:

JulieAnn said...

How cute! I can't imagine dealing with and trying to style hair that curly.