Thursday, July 31, 2008

Seven Sweet Years


Travis and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary the 28th (Monday) with two hours with NO KIDS!

Travis's sister, Holly, graciously and bravely took the four kids out to eat at a kid-friendly place, while Travis and I dined at a "grown-up" place. THANK YOU, HOLLY!

Outback Steakhouse provided a quiet atmosphere and good food for Travis and I to catch up on some much-needed one-on-one time over. We talked about our dreams together and shared in the excitement of the fact we are living some of those dreams now! I just liked sitting, uninterrupted, listening to Travis and looking into his pretty brown eyes...

We had a hearty chuckle before we went to bed that night. Travis had given me the nicest card when he greeted me for our date earlier. My "card" to Travis was a note written on a piece of shopping list paper I left on the bathroom vanity for him to see before going to work.

I asked Travis, "Travis. Tell me the truth. Did you buy my card today?"

Travis looked at me kind of panicky, but then (when he saw I was smiling), said seriously, "Yes. I had to do it today, because I was too busy yesterday."

I laughed and laughed and he looked at me kind of funny.

"What!?" he asked.

"Do you realize what you just admitted?" I asked, still laughing.

"What?" he asked again.

"You admitted you wait until the day before, anyway!"

"He busted out laughing, but then said, "Seriously, I am just so busy right now, it was the first chance I had to get you one."

I said, "Oh, Honey, I TOTALLY understand! That's why your card was a note written on a shopping list!"

We were too tired for any honeymoon-type behavior that night, but we had a great laugh with each other. We went to bed exhausted, but in the security of a wonderful, strong marriage that will only continue to grow in depth.

I love you, Travis!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 7th, Travis and Jae!! Kevin and I celebrated our 15th yesterday, right in the middle of VBS week, which, of course, took priority :) We did sneak away for a quick lunch together, and then cooked dinner for each other, and 115 of our closest friends ;o)
Take care.

Justin and Gi said...

Jae, you two look so happy!
And...I really like your shirt!
Gi