Saturday, September 13, 2008

Diary of a Gustav Evacuee, Day 5: The Aftermath

Jarret and Justis are hamming it up!



Wednesday, September 3, 2008




We impatiently waited to be able to get through to our neighbors and friends in Louisiana, but went on with plans.

Our van started doing it's "thing" on the evacuation trip to Kansas, as if we needed anything else to worry about. We took the van to the shop, entrusting it to a good mechanic friend for the day.

Justis and I met my good friend Kelly and her son Jarret for lunch and then spent some time chatting at her house.

I came home, called our neighbor Keith, and got through! I confirmed he was okay, as well as our neighbors. He reported a few trees down on his property and said Rose's (our other neighbor's) yard was full of huge branches from her TALL pine trees.

We picked up the minivan and it wasn't doing the "thing" anymore!

Travis and the kids ate out with his family, including his grandma, that evening. I went out to eat with my sister. We had a great time catching up with friends and family today. Spending a hurricane with family in a safe place is, in my opinion, the way to go! Thanks for keeping us on short notice, Scott and Cheryl!

1 comment:

Justin and Gi said...

WOW...from your storytelling it was quite the adventure...up for it anytime soon...?? Don't forget to come east next time.
Love ya,
Gi