I've always loved thunderstorms, specifically late spring and early summer ones. Jillian apparently does not share my enthusiasm.
A particularly thunderstorm storm rolled in one night and kind of hung over us for several hours rumbling, flashing and raining. Nothing serious (tornadoes, that is), just a good soaking.
Jillian kept coming out of her room and saying she was scared. She's a bright one, so she uses the most persuasive-sounding excuse to be out of her bed while STALLING. Travis and I thought she was pulling the scared-of-thunder card to win a night snuggled between mommy and daddy.
All finally fell silent, Travis went to bed, then I went to check on the kids before I turned in for the night.
Jillian found comfort in big sister Madalynn's bed and was peacefully sprawled out and sleeping, while Madalynn slept crunched near the wall. Madalynn is mostly covered by the blanket in the pictures, but you can see her hand in one of them to prove she's really there. Madalynn and Jillian, though five years apart, love each other and have an understanding with each other only sisters can have.
Understanding the boys is a bit harder for me, namely because I'm a female. I walked into the boys' room and found Dawson lying on the floor beside his bed with a laundry sack and big teddy bear. I have NO idea why he was on the floor. I did tuck him back into bed after taking the pics.
Oh, and we do put pajamas on Jillian. She likes to sleep in her undies, even for naps, so she usually has the PJ's off by the time she's asleep.
1 comment:
Hi Jay. I am leaving this e-mail for Madalynn because I did not see her e-mail on there. And I just wanted to say that I think that your blog is AWESOME!!! I read it and that was my first time reading it and I think you did great! My
e-mail is shmoren@earthlink.net
Lauren Peterson [cousin]
Post a Comment