I decided to begin my stories with one about myself. I want to prove that I do really stupid things more than probably all of my other family members put together. When I write about their cute and silly things, please remember that I am the queen of "silly things"!
Last Saturday I volunteered to mow the front yard while Travis went to Wal Mart to see about getting a tire fixed.
I got on the mower and did all of the front yard except the part furthest away from our house, which is where the "poop water" ditch is. Let me explain. All of the houses in this area have their own septic systems equipped with some kind of purification system that filters 90% of the poop out of the water (or so "they" say), spitting the 90% clean water out through pipes to this ditch that runs in front of our houses. That's why it's the "poop water" ditch.
I decided to go ahead and finish the yard up since Travis wasn't home yet. I put the mower in it's LOWEST and SLOWEST gear so I could remain in complete control of it while maneuvering close to the poop water. I got the yardside of the ditch done, then started mowing the streetside.
All of the sudden the mower started leaning WAY over toward the poop water. I tried to lean back the other way, but it wasn't working. I jumped off quickly and stepped back. The mower was still in drive with the blades spinning and doing a wheelie on it's back wheels! I grabbed the steering wheel hoping to bring it back down so I could reach over and turn it off before it fell in the ditch. I pulled it down, but it went right back up. I let go, and there it went. It rolled over into the poop water.
I stood there in silence, wondering what I could do. The mower was still running, blades and all, with black smoke starting to putter out of the exhaust pipe. I then ran AROUND the ditch, still avoiding the poop water, to see if I could turn the key off without getting down in the muck. The key was right there in the poop mud. I slid down into the yucky muck in my croc flops and turned the key off, while getting sprayed with the poop water the blade was catching and flinging in all directions.
I stepped back and marveled at my "handiwork" and wondered what had caused the mower to develop a mind of its own. Then I saw it. I had forgotten the bagging attachment was on the back of the mower. The bagging attachment caught on our mailbox, causing the mower to veer toward the ditch, pop wheelies and turn over into the ditch. I went inside, shaking my head.
I wondered what Travis would say when he got home. He didn't say much and asked me to come help him get it out. Our neighbor helped, too. The mower seems unphased by the accident and still runs fine.
When I walked back up to the house Justis said in a very concerned voice, "Uh, Mom. Daddy said he was going to kill you when we saw the mower in the ditch and you weren't in the car." I just smiled and said, "Honey, Daddy didn't really mean that." Travis later explained to Justis that he shouldn't have said that and he didn't really mean it that and he loved Mommy and wasn't going to kill her. :)
Last Saturday I volunteered to mow the front yard while Travis went to Wal Mart to see about getting a tire fixed.
I got on the mower and did all of the front yard except the part furthest away from our house, which is where the "poop water" ditch is. Let me explain. All of the houses in this area have their own septic systems equipped with some kind of purification system that filters 90% of the poop out of the water (or so "they" say), spitting the 90% clean water out through pipes to this ditch that runs in front of our houses. That's why it's the "poop water" ditch.
I decided to go ahead and finish the yard up since Travis wasn't home yet. I put the mower in it's LOWEST and SLOWEST gear so I could remain in complete control of it while maneuvering close to the poop water. I got the yardside of the ditch done, then started mowing the streetside.
All of the sudden the mower started leaning WAY over toward the poop water. I tried to lean back the other way, but it wasn't working. I jumped off quickly and stepped back. The mower was still in drive with the blades spinning and doing a wheelie on it's back wheels! I grabbed the steering wheel hoping to bring it back down so I could reach over and turn it off before it fell in the ditch. I pulled it down, but it went right back up. I let go, and there it went. It rolled over into the poop water.
I stood there in silence, wondering what I could do. The mower was still running, blades and all, with black smoke starting to putter out of the exhaust pipe. I then ran AROUND the ditch, still avoiding the poop water, to see if I could turn the key off without getting down in the muck. The key was right there in the poop mud. I slid down into the yucky muck in my croc flops and turned the key off, while getting sprayed with the poop water the blade was catching and flinging in all directions.
I stepped back and marveled at my "handiwork" and wondered what had caused the mower to develop a mind of its own. Then I saw it. I had forgotten the bagging attachment was on the back of the mower. The bagging attachment caught on our mailbox, causing the mower to veer toward the ditch, pop wheelies and turn over into the ditch. I went inside, shaking my head.
I wondered what Travis would say when he got home. He didn't say much and asked me to come help him get it out. Our neighbor helped, too. The mower seems unphased by the accident and still runs fine.
When I walked back up to the house Justis said in a very concerned voice, "Uh, Mom. Daddy said he was going to kill you when we saw the mower in the ditch and you weren't in the car." I just smiled and said, "Honey, Daddy didn't really mean that." Travis later explained to Justis that he shouldn't have said that and he didn't really mean it that and he loved Mommy and wasn't going to kill her. :)
1 comment:
Jae,
We're so excited that you've entered the world of blogging. Your story brought a smile to my face and many laughs from Justin and I. We love you guys...talk soon.
Us
Post a Comment