
Dawson is blessed with thick, wavy locks. We call him Ringo (as in Ringo Starr) when his hair gets long, because he looks like one of the Beatles! He grows a 'fro REALLY fast. You don't have to look far to see where he inherited that kind of hair. Travis, his dad Scott, and my dad Tony all have plenty of thick hair. My dad had the real 'fro going on when he got married and up until at least the time I was born. He sported a powder blue tux (with the ruffled shirt, I believe) and his Afro on his wedding day! :) Love you, Dad!
Dawson's hair was beginning to proceed him. I mean, you'd look at him and notice his mop before anything else, so we decided it was time to trim him up.
We can't just take the clippers to Dawson's hair like I do to Travis's and Justis's. He doesn't have that kind of hair right now. I usually put him on the picnic table outside and take my sheers and comb and cut it myself. He usually screams and fights for thirty minutes while I try not to cut off my finger or his ear. I usually give him a decent trim, but both of us are mad at each other when it's over.
I decided to take him to Wal-Mart to get his hair cut this time. I told him before we went in that we were getting his hair cut, along with Madalynn's, and if he sat like a big boy he could pick out some candy afterward. He said, "NO! I don't want my hair cut." I explained that he had no choice, but knew that if he started screaming and refusing to sit in the chair I would just end up taking him home and having to do it myself.
Madalynn got up in the chair and started getting her hair trimmed while Dawson watched. His turn came and Miss Lisa, his stylist, put the booster seat up in the swivel chair and told him it was time. He started shaking his head "no" and backing away, but I reminded him about the candy. He VERY reluctantly let me put him up in the chair. Miss Lisa then pulled out the dreaded cape. This is where Dawson has drawn the line before. He HATES having that thing put around his neck. He let Miss Lisa, however. I could tell he was a little scared, but he held it together for the candy.
She just talked to him in a soft voice while she cut his hair and he either found her interesting enough to sit still or the promise of candy convinced him to. She used her "magic" talc powder and a big powder brush to brush all of those annoying prickly hairs off of him, which he thought was really neat. He had officially sat through his first "big boy" haircut with a stylist.
He was proud and Madalynn and Justis told him what a good job he did, too. They've seen the productions we've had in the past.
We'll be going back to see Miss Lisa next time Dawson needs his hair cut!
No comments:
Post a Comment