



"Momma always says there's an awful lot you could tell about a person by their shoes. Where they're going. Where they've been. I've worn lots of shoes. I bet if I think about it real hard I could remember my first pair of shoes."--Forrest Gump
Miss Jillian is apparently as passionate about shoes as she is about the rest of life. She managed to grunt and point her way into getting the shoes SHE had her eye on when we went shoe shopping a couple weeks ago.
Peddling around in a new pair of pink shoes Travis and I had picked out for her, Jillian was following the rest of us around the shoe store as we tried to find some shoes for Madalynn. She disappeared around the corner of one of the shoe shelves for a second, then came back with a box holding a pair of little brown and pink shoes.
"Uuuuh! Uuuuh!" She said to Travis, holding the box up for him. Travis took the box, and she promptly sat down and began trying to pull the pink shoes off. Travis and I were a bit puzzled, but finally figured out she found them on the clearance shelf right within her reach. Thankfully the shoes she obviously had her eyes on were her size!
Jillian got up and giggled and walked after Travis took the pink shoes off and put the ones she had picked on. We held the pink ones back up and asked, "Do you want to put these back on?" She shook her head "no" and pushed the pink shoes away.
Why can't every shopping trip be that easy?!
I asked the kids to pick out their favorite pair of shoes to model so I could take a picture of them for the blog.
Madalynn chose the pink boots that Holly gave her for Christmas. They have little fuzzies around the top. Princess Madalynn's hiking boots!
Justis picked an open-toed pair of sandals that easily slip on and off his feet, but stay put when he's running and playing. They are his favorite because he doesn't have to take too much time out of his playing to get them on and off.
Dawson chose his tropical flip flops. He'd rather not wear shoes at all, but when he has to, he prefers as little "shoe" as possible for the warm Louisiana weather. The tropical design and the fact that they're flip-flops match his laid-back personality.
No comments:
Post a Comment