Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Thanking God for Eternal Life

Happy Ash Wednesday! I could not blog about Mardi Gras and Pancake Day without blogging about the very important time those two "holidays" revolve around...Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent.

I personally use Ash Wednesday as a Day to consider my place in Eternity and remember my shortcomings. I don't need God if I don't recognize I have shortcomings, right?

My life is only a drop of water in an ocean of eternity. Nothing I can do can save me from eternity. We all die. I have the privelege of choosing where I spend eternity, though. A simple decision to acknowledge God and invite Him into my life sealed my eternal fate. Now I not only know where I'll spend eternity, I have a relationship with God through prayer and He works personally in my life.

I did not earn my way into God's love, and no one can earn it. If we could earn our fate, none of us would be going on to meet Him in heaven because no one can be like God who is perfect! He freely gives a life with Him to those who realize their shortcomings and ask Him for it. He takes it from there!

I am so encouraged that God extends the same invitation everyone, including (and ESPECIALLY) my friends and family! I want all the people I know to experience God's love. Not just for the eternal aspect of it...His love for me while I live on this Earth is just as powerful!

I'll be the first to admit I need God.

I hope y'all didn't think this blog was too weird. I know many of you know God personally, but only two people know the fate of your eternity...you and God. We only see the outward actions of each other, but God sees our hearts and intentions, therefore only HE can truly know everything about someone. I encourage you to look into your heart today, whether you already know God or not, and reflect on what He wants for you and listen to what He has to say.

I love you all! God Bless your Ash Wednesday.

No comments: