

I had a SUPER Mother's Day, and one I'll never forget!
I woke up to Mother's Day cards, of course. I read the first, from Justis and Dawson. Very sweet. Then, I read the next. It said, "Happy Mother's Day from Your Son." I was a bit confused. Not just because I'd already received the card from my boys, but because it was morning and I don't function 100% in the morning.
I burst out laughing. Not just a giggle, a full-out stomach-hurting laugh. I found Jillian and Madalynn's name on the inside of the card. I realized Travis had gone card-shopping with three of the four kids in tow. That explained everything. With three kids talking to him and Travis trying to keep an eye on all three, he had either picked up the wrong card accidentally or got so overloaded with the "action" of taking three kids to Wal Mart that he just picked up the nearest card without looking closely at it and made a run for the checkout!
Just knowing that Travis had a small taste of my hectic (but always fun) life made me smile. Travis said, "What? Crap! I'm sorry. I don't know how that happened." I just reassured him the card from my "sons" is something I'll never forget.
Having a hardy chuckle with my husband and kids is the perfect Mother's Day gift, but Travis and the kids went above and beyond that. Travis allowed me to order coneflowers for my new backyard garden I've been wanting, and Madalynn volunteered to give me a pedicure. I decided I would give she and Jillian one, instead. I got more joy out of watching them get a pedicure than I would have had getting one.
I feel like it's Mother's Day every day at my house. Things aren't always perfect, but I cherish my kids and they continually tell me they love me. My husband encourages me in my mothering and works hard to provide me and the kids the privelege of being together at home every day.
Above are pictures of Jillian and Madalynn getting their pedicures!
No comments:
Post a Comment