Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God Bless America!

Our congratulations and prayers go to Barack Obama, our president-elect!

My Republican vote went to John McCain last night. However, my hope and expectations that God will move in this country are just as high now, knowing Barack Obama will be our president. I am still a conservative Christian, and always will be, however, I do not believe having a Democrat as president means America will be going to "hell in a hand basket" anytime soon!

You see, the God I serve can do ANYTHING he wants through ANYBODY. I do not hate, fear, or despise those who believe differently than me. Christians have hope in eternal life in Christ and have nothing to fear if they know Jesus. Am I angry at the democrats? No. This country was founded on Judeao-Christian values. Wise men, who trusted in God, created a democratic nation, one in which we have choices, rights and freedoms, and God has blessed our nation. Those who founded the country were wise enough to know that trying to control people through fear is not how God operates. God wants us to choose to love Him, he does not FORCE us to love him. The people chose Barack Obama last night, and so be it. He is our new president!

I'm sure there will be many issues in which my opinions differ from Obama's in the next four years. However, I am confident, knowing God is in control. My support is now completely behind Obama, as he is our next American leader. I will be praying for him and, although I disagree with him on many things, I can still be thankful for my country's leader!

Some things I am thankful about in Obama being elected president. A young family will be occupying the White House. Are his daughter's not the cutest? People of different races can be encouraged in the fact America accepts everyone as equals, just as God does. So many young people are now involved and interested in political issues due to this presidential race. Republicans still have a voice in the House and Senate, even though they are a minority there.

No comments: